Show Guest: Doug Robertson
I’m a Bombastic Rock Star Front Man of a never ending Education Funk Machine.
I strive for excellence while remaining unique and in control of my own destiny and class. I’m all about bringing the intensity and humor every day.
It started as a comment whispered in the hallway,”He’s the Weird Teacher.”
- 1:48 – What makes Doug tick?
- 2:40 – A Bombastic Rock Star Front Man – What’s that look like in the classroom?
- 4:59 – Getting Weird – Owning your weirdness
- 7:30 – Weirded – a different sort of Twitter Chat
- 10:43 – ‘Hit and Miss’ – Learning through Spectacular Failures
- 15:27 – The Lightning Round
- 18: 39 – Doug’s Not To Be Missed Lorax Quote – including his activism for better work conditions in Hawaii.
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing is going to get better, it’s not.
Dr Seuss (The Lorax)
Links & Resources
- Connect with Doug Robertson: On Twitter, YouTube, his blog, and WEIRDED.
- Dig into Doug’s Pop Culture References: Henry Rollins, Steven Tyler, Cloud Atlas – The Movie, Mythbusters – The TV Show, Hunter S Thompson – The Author
- Who’s Lauren? Who’s Shawna? Key members of the #Weirded and #Weirdede Community.
- Find out what a Tone Poem is.
- Check out my ‘Be Yourself’ Resources:
- Be Ignited by Doug’s YouTube Video (2012). It fired up other educators about their working conditions.
If you enjoyed this episode, help us SPREAD THE WORD by writing a review.
- Click the link above – for tips to get you started.