Innovation 101: My Resource Pages
Innovation 101: Posts
Navigating Risk as Teacher by Greg Curran:
- In the first of my Innovation 101 Series: Risk-taking. How do we navigate everyday risks? Plus the unexpected value of risk & stepping outside your comfort zone.
- The second in my Innovation 101 Series. Tips, strategies and hype abound in the Innovation and Change space. What’s often missing though is a discussion of innovation mindset.
Click on the images below to read additional posts (written by myself) relating to Innovation.
Read the posts of David Culberhouse who regularly blogs about innovation within school.
- If you’re looking for an in-depth approach to innovation, David Culberhouse is the educator to read.
- Insightful, challenging and bold.
- Useful reminders and insights to keep you focused as an innovative educator
- Specifically focused on our integral relationships with students.
- Terri zeroes in on the key components of innovation
- We’ve probably all been there – an environment where there’s little stirring of the ‘business as usual’.
- Jason has three especially useful tips.
- Often we can look outward to the obstacles to innovation. George suggests that one of the biggest obstacles is closer to home.
Innovation 101: Podcast Episodes
Listen to Season 2 of Pushing The Edge Podcast (Episode 14-20) where I chat to educators who are Pushing The Edge of Change & Innovation.
- Deficit Mindsets (And how to counter them) – with Surin McGrory
- Students challenging our thinking – with Surin McGrory
- Personalized Learning + Risk-Taking (big time) – With Michelle Snyder & Victoria Curtis
- Turning Points in our Teaching – with Andy Vasily
- Flipped Class Learning – with Jasper Fox Senior
- Ditching Textbooks + Shaking Up Science Ed – with Jasper Fox Senior
- Whole School Change – with Ray Boyd
- Making a Difference by Not Playing It Safe – Part 1 & Part 2 with Greg Curran and Rachael Lehr
Listen to Kate Krontiris as she discusses civic disengagement and what’s been learnt about how to re-build it – On Innovation Hub Podcast
Listen to Innovation Hub podcast which focuses on innovation across different industries. There’s often much that can be applied to education.
Innovation 101: Websites
- How to get started with innovation;
- Examples of Innovation (Case Studies from schools);
- Leadership for Innovation;
- Innovation Models.