In this special edition of Pushing The Edge, I chat with Oona Marie Abrams (a Senior School Teacher) who’s keen to start podcasting with her students. I share my tips and insights on creating media (video and podcasts) with students.
CLICK HERE to listen to this podcast
Drawing on my experience of teaching a multimedia EAL (English as an Additional Language) class, Oona and I discuss:
- The role of the teacher in the podcasting classroom;
- How you might develop students’ critical reflection skills in media creation;
- How you can work against that drive towards perfection;
- Why audience and purpose matter with media creation;
- And a handy tip to save you A LOT OF TIME – when creating media.
Follow and connect with Oona on Twitter
If you’d like some help – going from those million and one podcasting ideas – to a solid action plan for podcasting with your students:
- Watch my 3 part Webinar Series, Innovative Podcasting with your Class.
- The Coaching Model that I use in the video will help you out, even if you’re not podcasting.
Paul Solarz is mentioned as an influence by Oona Marie Abrams. His book is Learn Like a Pirate.