My Qualifications & Experience
As an educator with 30 years’ experience, I have a passion for change and innovation especially where it advances social justice in education.
With a PhD in education along with counselling and coaching qualifications I have made it my business to understand change and innovation at a theoretical and practical level. I have held leadership and co-ordination roles, having lead education reform at a policy, curriculum and staff development level.
Innovation has been a key aspect of my teaching, presenting, research, and writing within the Education sector. I regularly write and podcast about education-related issues, as they intersect with social-justice.
My Teaching Journey
Listen to my chat with Pattie Porter on the Texas Conflict Coach Radio show. We discuss my inspirations and motivations; and what makes me tick.
Click on the images below to listen to a two part interview with me (Hosted by Rachael Lehr).
My Education Qualifications:
- Doctorate (PhD) in Education
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership & Training
- Graduate Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Bachelor of Education
- Diploma of Teaching
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
My Coaching & Counselling Qualifications:
- Certificate IV in Life Coaching
- Graduate Diploma in Human Services/Counselling
My Education Experience:
- Current: Classroom Teacher (Primary)
- Lecturer in Teacher Education
- Digital Literacy Instructor and Coach
- Education Manager of Adult Migrant English Program (for recently arrived Refugees)
- English Language Teacher (Primary & Adult)
- English Language Teacher Co-ordinator (Primary)
- Writer and Conference Presenter
- E-Learning | Digital Literacy
- Change and Innovation
- Gender and Sexual Diversity
- Student Voice and Empowerment
- Literacy and English Language Teaching Methods
- Diversity, and Inclusive Teaching and Learning Practices
- Health and Well-Being
- Learning in the Workplace and Community
- Mathematics Teaching