I’m passionate about the role tech innovation can play – especially when it intersects with social justice. Here’s my tips and insights to assist you in the classroom.
Teaching with Technology
I’ve written extensively about how I teach with technology. Check out my posts in the sidebar on the right.
Digital Storytelling in the EAL Classroom
My EAL classes have developed their English language skills through digital storytelling. Here’s a couple of videos we created.
Podcasting in the Classroom
- Black Girls Code website and Black Tech Women website
- Free Tech 4 Teachers Website: Wide-ranging website showing you ‘how to’ use various tech tools. Has pretty useful instructional videos.
- Girls Who Code (on Twitter and Website)
- How New Technology is Transforming Teaching and Learning – Erik P.M. Vermeulen
- Indigenous Innovators in Tech – Follow #IndigenousInnovators on Twitter
- Matt Miller’s Ditch The Textbook website: Matt has so many innovative teaching ideas incorporating tech. Useful to re-think the way you teach in the class
- Rafranz Davis’ website: If you’re looking for a more inclusive #edtech site, check out Rafranz Davis’ website.
- Teacher Cast: Articles, instructional videos and podcasts on all things tech in education
- The Difference between Technology Use and Technology Integration (TeachThought)
- The SAMR Model (What Teachers Need to Know)
- Zeina Chalich – Makerspaces: If you’re interested in getting started with Makerspaces, check out Zeina on Twitter.