If you’re passionate about supporting GLBTI (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer) young people, as well as your GLBTIQ colleagues, you’re in the right place.
And if you’re a GLBTIQ educator yourself, then we’ve got a few tips and insights for you.
It might seem like it at the time but you’re never alone. There’s always support out there.
- Safe Schools Coalition Australia – Fantastic resources for Educators
- GLSEN – Gay, Lesbian, Straight Educators’ Network K-12 (USA)
- Teacher first, gay second – Paul France wrote this inspiring post about coming out to his students.
- Rainbow Frontier – Jen Moes looks at education through “rainbow coloured lenses”
- Jessica Lifshitz writes about Social Justice issues in the classroom with a focus on #GLBTI young people – NOT to be Missed
- Gay and Lesbian Special Interest Group – New South Wales Teachers’ Federation, Australia
- Gay and Lesbian Switchboard Australia (Includes Support group lists)
- Stonewall – UK (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Rights Organisation. Many Education resources.
- International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission
- Q Life Counselling Service Australia