It’s been my good fortune to teach English Language Learners (refugees, migrants and children of such) right across my teaching career. I began as a primary or elementary school teacher then moved into the adult sector as a teacher and lecturer. I’m passionate about developing the digital literacy skills of my students.
Click on the images below to read or listen to my posts about teaching English Language Learners.
Useful Resources & Connections
- BBC Learning English website
- The EAL Handbook (How to support English as an Additional Language Learners)
- Literacy Lenses website (Mary Howard, Amy Brennan, and Jenn Hayhurst)
- Teaching Tolerance website
- Educolor website
- Larry Ferlazzo
- Cindy Valdez Adams (TESOLoz)
- Twitter chats: #ELLChat, #ausELT, #ELTchat
Listen to My Podcast
I host and produce the podcast, Pushing The Edge with Greg Curran. I talk to educators and community workers who are passionate about social justice, inclusion and innovation. Listen in iTunes or your favourite podcast app.