It’s been my good fortune to teach English Language Learners (ELL) right across my teaching career.
I started as a primary or elementary school teacher then moved into the adult sector as a teacher, lecturer and digital literacy coach and instructor.
I’m passionate about developing the digital literacy skills of my students, and have written many posts about my classroom experiences.
Useful ELL Resources & Connections
- BBC Learning English website
- Bridging Cultural Differences – TED Talks
- Cindy Valdez Adams (TESOLoz)
- Cult of Pedagogy – Lots of teaching tips and insights especially relevant to EAL students (YouTube Channel).
Also check out Jennifer Gonzalez’s blog
- Educolor website
- How to Change the Story About Students of Color – Dena Simmons
- Integrating Digital Literacy into English Language Instruction (American Institutes for Research)
- Journal Writing with EAL students (FluentU)
- Larry Ferlazzo
- Literacy Lenses website (Mary Howard, Amy Brennan, and Jenn Hayhurst)
- Literacy Through Photography for English Language Learners – Tabitha Dell’Angelo
- Teaching Tolerance website
- The EAL Handbook (How to support English as an Additional Language Learners)
- Twelve Ways to Use Twitter with English Language Learners – Shelly Terrell
- Twitter chats: #ELLChat, #ausELT
Listen to My Podcast
I host and produce the podcast, Pushing The Edge with Greg Curran. I talk to educators and community workers who are passionate about social justice, inclusion and innovation. Listen in Apple Podcasts, Spotify or your favourite podcast app.