Disrupting our Comfort Zones – Stepping outside our Business as Usual – Confronting our self-doubts and fears, and navigating the uncertainties is critical to us Thriving – especially as Change Agents.
It stretches us, enables us to see ourselves in a different light, and amps up our knowledge and skills.
- Each episode I chat to Innovative Educators taking risks and stepping outside their comfort zones. They’re educators who are actively creating ways to THRIVE and Make Change Happen.
- How do you get beyond the way you’ve always done things? You’ve got to step outside your Comfort Zone and collaborate where the opportunity exists.
- Tom Snyder an educator of 20+ years experience has some top insights to share in this episode of Pushing The Edge with Greg Curran.
- It’s a challenge that we often hear, ‘Push Past Your Comfort Zone’. But how do we do it? What might it look like? And what about all our self-doubts? How on earth are we supposed to navigate them?
- Rachael Lehr is an educator with much insight into this area, often pushing past the ‘Why Me?’ and ‘What have I got to offer?’ feelings, and saying ‘Yes’ to the unknown and unfamiliar.
- It’s a term that’s often used but we rarely unpack it. Learn about your relationship to your comfort zone with key tips, questions and resources.
- It’s where you learn big time. Just outside your comfort zone. But what can you expect there? And how might you navigate the tensions and uncertainties?
- Nervous and tense – facing fear on a multitude of levels. Me – my bike – two daredevil cyclists, and an idyllic course from #$!!X%.
- You know that moment right – when fear literally grips you – and won’t let go. A rock hopping adventure had me up close and personal with the big F.
- Let’s risk it, we’ve been stuck indoors all day. This article is all about taking risks, the unexpected value of risk, & stepping outside your comfort zone.
A Three Part Series
Being True to Ourselves: Sometimes it’s not so Easy (Part A & B)
- Sometimes it’s not so easy to Thrive – to TURN UP our volume – to be true to ourselves as teachers. It seems easier to hide who we are so we can survive.
- Sometimes living our truth, truly being who we are at work, can cost us. Learn 5 ways to get from Survive to Thrive – if you’re hiding who you are.
Unmistakable Creative Podcast
This podcast hosted by Srinivas Rao regularly has interviews with innovators who are living outside the box – challenging their limits and self-doubts, and often navigating uncertainty. There’s much to be learned. Here’s a couple of favourites of mine:
- Developing a Tolerance for Risk and Failure with Billy Murphy (Lots here on how to work with uncertainty)
- The Power of a Single Intention with Patti Digh (Especially listen from 27 minute mark onwards)