In Part 2 of My Chat with Rachael Lehr – We’re Standing Up for Student Voice, Identifying the Key Challenges facing School Leaders, and Changing the World at a Local Level
Also check out: Part 1 of my chat with Rachael Lehr we talked about Motivations and Inspirations for Pushing The Edge, Social Justice, How to Stay True to Yourself and Navigate Self-Doubts.
Show Guest – Greg Curran
G’day there, I’ve been teaching for over 30 years now. I’ve worked as a Primary/Elementary Teacher, a ELL (English Language Learner) Co-ordinator and Teacher, a Researcher, Lecturer and Manager.
I’m also a Teacher Educator (Lecturer), podcaster and blogger.
So what makes me tick?
- Colouring outside the lines, challenging the conventions within education that work to disadvantage, silence, or stigmatise minorities;
- New ideas – New Approaches – New Ways of Thinking. I’m not content to do the same old over and over again;
- The challenge of innovation, trying out new approaches, shaking up my ‘business as usual’;
- Being involved in the journey of change.
In this episode, the second part of my chat with Rachael Lehr.
Together we explore Student voice, the big challenges facing education leaders, and changing the world (yep you heard me right)
There’s also The Lightning Round – where we’re Pushing The Edge of Relationships, Discomfort, Home, and Making a Difference
Plus I’ve got a couple of Not To Be Missed Books – Books that have been especially influential in my teaching life.
- Standing Up for Student Voice
- My #1 Tip for Pre-Service Teachers
- The Biggest Challenges for School Leaders
- How to Stay Passionate
- Changing the World at a Local Level
- The Lightning Round – Discomfort – Home – Relationships – Making a Difference
- My NOT TO MISS BOOKS
Thanks to Rachael Lehr, Jason Borton and Laura Hill for their questions.
Links for People and Issues Mentioned in this Episode
- Connect with ME (Greg Curran) – Twitter – Facebook
- Connect with Rachael Lehr – Twitter (Rachael) and (Rachael’s Science Class)
- Read: How to Stay Passionate by Greg Curran
- Read: Stay Passionate by Stepping Out and Connecting by Greg Curran
- Read: Teaching To Transgress by bell hooks
- Read: Bone Black by bell hooks
- Interesting Info: Pushing The Edge music is composed and performed by Simon Kirsch (my partner) and Markus Schwaiger
Related Podcasts (Opens a Podcast Player or Post)
Listen to My Pushing The Edge Chats with Rachael Lehr, Jason Borton and Laura Hill:
About Me: Greg Curran
As an educator with 28 years’ experience, I have a passion for change and innovation.
With a PhD in Education, Counselling and Coaching qualifications I have made it my business to understand change and innovation at a theoretical and practical level.
I have held leadership and co-ordination roles, having lead education reform at a policy, curriculum and staff development level.
Innovation has been a key aspect of my teaching, presenting, research, and writing within the Education sector.