In Episode 41: From holding back to standing up as a teacher; who’s present and who’s absent in our history curricula & text books? And what’s problematic about debating in the classroom?
CLICK PLAY to listen to Eric Fieldman
Episode 41 – Quick Guide
- Eric introduces himself
- Teachers and neutrality in the classroom
- Eric’s journey from holding back to standing up
- How we view young people
- Debating the issues of our lives in the classroom
- Intersectionality and why it matters
- Building support for change (parents and school community)
- The power of students
- The lens of history
- Debate and diatribe in the classroom
- Spotlight Segment
- Twists & Turn Segment
- Closing Remarks
- I knew I was on the right track
Whose History Are We Telling – Episode Links
- Eric Fieldman’s writing
- Diane Nash & the Freedom Riders
- Freedom Riders documentary (USA)
- Who were the Freedom Riders? (USA video)
- The Freedom Riders in Australia (50th Anniversary in 2015)
- The Freedom Riders in Australia (detailed account)
Listen to More Social Justice Episodes
Support This Podcast
- If we got you thinking or inspired – please rate our podcast, or write a short review of it in iTunes.
- Listen to previous episodes of this podcast – ‘Pushing The Edge with Greg Curran’ podcast archive.
- Connect with me, Greg Curran, on Twitter.
- AND thanks for listening and supporting the show. It means a lot to me.
Like Education Podcasts?
- Pushing The Edge with Greg Curran is a proud member of the Education Podcast Network.
- Click here to listen to more podcasts made by educators for educators.