In this Episode, we’re Turning the Tables and Shaking Things Up. I’m in the Hot Seat with Rachael Lehr Posing the Questions.
SUBSCRIBE TO PUSHING THE EDGE PODCAST
Show Guest – Greg Curran
G’day there, I’ve been roaming the fields of education for over 28 years now (eeek!!)
I’ve worked as a Primary/Elementary Teacher, a ELL (English Language Learner) Co-ordinator and Teacher, a Researcher, Lecturer and Manager.
I’m also a Teacher Educator (Lecturer), podcaster and blogger.
What makes me tick?
- Colouring outside the lines, challenging the conventions within education that work to disadvantage, silence, or stigmatise minorities;
- New ideas – New Approaches – New Ways of Thinking. I’m not content to do the same old over and over again;
- The challenge of innovation, trying out new approaches, shaking up my ‘business as usual’;
- Being involved in the journey of change.
Normally I’m the host of this Podcast but over the next two episodes we’re turning the tables.
I’ll be in the hot-seat answering questions posed by former Pushing The Edge guests, with Rachael Lehr taking on the hosting role.
Rachael’s a classroom teacher and science specialist at West Beechboro Primary School in Western Australia. She was my guest in Episode 4 of Pushing The Edge.
Together, we explore my journey towards Finding My Voice and Pushing The Edges in Education
There’s also The Lightning Round, where we’re pushing the edges of Activism, Innovation, Self-Talk and Down-Time.
Plus my advice to my 13 year old self and a big search for lost keys.
- What motivated me to create the Pushing The Edge Podcast? 1:24
- What does Pushing The Edge mean to me (Greg)? 2:31
- What inspires me to Push The Edge? 3:14
- What’s my perspective on Social Justice and how can we make a difference there 5:54
- How am I making a difference? 8:28
- Do I share my journey with my students? 9:47
- Losing my Car Keys – A Pivotal Moment or Two 11:37
- How do I stay true to me? 13:59
- How do I navigate self-doubts? 15:15
- Is it easier to share who I am online? 16:16
- How do I create meaningful connections?17:26
- The Lightning Round – Activism – Innovation – Creativity – Self-Talk – Down-Time 20:03
- My advice to my 13 year old self + Would I follow that advice? 22:11
Thanks to Rachael Lehr, Sam Bates and Rusul Alrubail for their questions.
Links for People and Issues Mentioned in this Episode
- Connect with ME (Greg Curran) – Twitter – Facebook
- Connect with Rachael Lehr – Twitter (Rachael) and (Rachael’s Science Class) – Pinterest
- Read: How to Stay True to Yourself – by Greg Curran
- Read: How to Keep Yourself Thriving – by Greg Curran | Also see my Thrive 101 Page
- Read: P is for Pirate by Dave and Shelley Burgess
Related Podcasts (Opens a Podcast Player or Post)
Listen to My Chats with Rachael Lehr, Sam Bates, Rusul Alrubail and Doug Robertson: