Click Play & Listen to Jason’s Insights
Show Guest: Jason Borton
I’m the Principal (Lead Learner) at Richardson Primary School, Australian Capital Territory, Australia. I’m a relatively young school leader who enjoys empowering great people to achieve amazing things. I’m focused on implementing high impact instructional strategies.
In this episode, I chat with Jason Borton, an Australian principal who questions everyday taken for granted practices within education.
Among the topics Jason and I canvas: How to really thrive; Key ways to connect with awesome educators; and How to take care of you in an occupation where we always seem to be ON and taking on more and more and more.
Jason has some pretty compelling suggestions for our well-being. They’re suggestions that you don’t hear too often. He also has a few pointed questions to ask.
- 1:23 – Thriving: What is it? What might it involve?
- 3:00 – The importance of Twitter – as a tool for reaching out and connecting.
- 4:05 & 5:34 – How to Take Care of You.
- 6:47 – Countering the More, More, More mentality
- 8:05 – THE LIGHTNING ROUND
- 11:18 – Jason’s NOT TO BE MISSED VIDEO
Links & Resources
1. Jason’s Blog
2. Take Care of You – Empowering Resources
- In order to be able to thrive, it’s crucial as Jason highlighted, to take care of No 1 – Ourselves. Here’s a post I wrote on this topic.
- I’ve also written a number of blog-posts with tips and strategies for Empowering You.
3. Jason’s Not to Be Missed Video: Embedding Formative Assessment – Dylan Wiliam
Tell Others About Pushing The Edge Podcast
If you found this podcast useful, please write an ITUNES Review for us.
- ITUNES Reviews are critical in terms of rankings + building credibility. They help build our audience.
- Click on the link below and it’ll guide you through writing a review. (It’s pretty easy.)
- And Do Let Me Know when you do so I can give you a shout-out. THANKS.